C2 Guard waterproofer and sealer protects from within.
Whereas other stains are formulated to sit on top of the wood as a thin, temporary layer, C2 Guard drops into the wood filling up its hollowed cell walls. After this absorption, a bond occurs forming a flexible polymer barrier that becomes part of the cellular structure. This barrier stops water intrusion completely. With C2 Guard, you can prevent the effects of mold and mildew, dry rot, cracking, peeling, and cupping of wood for up to 10 years.
We recommend C2 Guard for shingles, vertical wood siding, and fences. It’s also a fantastic wood protector to apply before paint.
🏆 This is Waters & Brown's top pick for preserving shingles and fences.
Paint Quantity Calculator
1 gallon of paint will cover ~400 sq ft. Whereas 1 quart of paint will cover ~100 sq ft. To get a rough estimate of how much paint you will need, run through these steps:
1. Add together the length of each wall.
2. Multiply the sum of the wall length by the height of the wall to
3. find the total square footage of your room.
4. Subtract 20 square feet for each door and 10 square feet for each window.
5. Multiply that final room square footage number by 2 to get the total square footage for 2 coats of paint.
6. Divide the number by 400 (gallon = 400 sq ft) to determine the number of gallons you need to purchase for 2 coats of paint.