A rust inhibiting primer for all bare ferrous metal surfaces, Metal Primer & Undercoat is designed to create a smooth foundation on gates, railings, furniture, radiators and metal downpipes before using Exterior Eggshell, Estate Eggshell, or Full Gloss. This primer comes tinted in specific colors to correspond with the intended paint color, to help achieve the best coverage and color clarity of the topcoat.
👍 We recommend Metal Primer & Undercoat for interior and exterior ferrous metal surfaces under Farrow & Ball paints.
Paint Quantity Calculator
1 gallon of paint will cover ~400 sq ft. Whereas 1 quart of paint will cover ~100 sq ft. To get a rough estimate of how much paint you will need, run through these steps:
1. Add together the length of each wall.
2. Multiply the sum of the wall length by the height of the wall to
3. find the total square footage of your room.
4. Subtract 20 square feet for each door and 10 square feet for each window.
5. Multiply that final room square footage number by 2 to get the total square footage for 2 coats of paint.
6. Divide the number by 400 (gallon = 400 sq ft) to determine the number of gallons you need to purchase for 2 coats of paint.