Stain Blocker is General Finishes' revolutionary water-based white primer for interior projects. With a sophisticated resin system and an atypical formulation, Stain Blocker can be used where only solvent based products could succeed before: to protect pigmented finishes from stain, dye, and wood tannin bleed-through. Use over an existing finish, raw wood, or MDF as a base coat for light-colored General Finishes Milk Paint and Pigmented Polys.👍 We recommend Stain Blocker to block tannins and existing stained finishes from bleeding through a painted finish.
Paint Quantity Calculator
1 gallon of paint will cover ~400 sq ft. Whereas 1 quart of paint will cover ~100 sq ft. To get a rough estimate of how much paint you will need, run through these steps:
1. Add together the length of each wall.
2. Multiply the sum of the wall length by the height of the wall to
3. find the total square footage of your room.
4. Subtract 20 square feet for each door and 10 square feet for each window.
5. Multiply that final room square footage number by 2 to get the total square footage for 2 coats of paint.
6. Divide the number by 400 (gallon = 400 sq ft) to determine the number of gallons you need to purchase for 2 coats of paint.