Storm System Quick-Dry Oil Primer is designed to neutralize and help eliminate the natural tannin staining and discoloration produced by bare woods and seal the wood for uniformity of the finish. This product is appropriate for use under the Storm System 100% Acrylic Solid Stain or exterior latex paints.
👍 We recommend Storm System Quick-Dry Oil Primer for basecoating red cedar and other bare woods.
Paint Quantity Calculator
1 gallon of paint will cover ~400 sq ft. Whereas 1 quart of paint will cover ~100 sq ft. To get a rough estimate of how much paint you will need, run through these steps:
1. Add together the length of each wall.
2. Multiply the sum of the wall length by the height of the wall to
3. find the total square footage of your room.
4. Subtract 20 square feet for each door and 10 square feet for each window.
5. Multiply that final room square footage number by 2 to get the total square footage for 2 coats of paint.
6. Divide the number by 400 (gallon = 400 sq ft) to determine the number of gallons you need to purchase for 2 coats of paint.